The integration of TFG expands
TFG, acquired by
- Equinix IBX data centers are home to the top cloud service providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, SAP and Oracle Cloud, among others. Federal ecosystem participants will be able to directly connect with these strategic partners at
Equinixand utilize their portfolio of government cloud services. Equinixis a provider of colocation, interconnection and data center services that meet the government's stringent standards for secure facilities. This includes the overall design of its IBX data centers as well as procedures for access control. Its IBX data centers comply with the rigorous standards and compliance needs of the government ecosystem, including FISMA High(U.S. only), NIST 800/53, FedRAMP (in process), SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II, ISO 27001, HIPAA and PCI DSS.
- The Equinix Culpeper data center campus, strategically located 60 miles from
Washington, D.C., is the hub of the Equinix Government Solutions practice, and it represents one of the most secure and technologically sophisticated data center campuses in the eastern U.S. Formerly known as the NAP (Network Access Point) of the Capital Region (NCR), it includes the Equinix CU1, CU2, CU3, CU4 International Business Exchange (IBX) data centers.
- Equinix Government Solutions provides comprehensive, secure colocation solutions, managed network connectivity, and interconnection services, including direct and secure access to more than 2,900 cloud and managed IT service providers.
- Federal hybrid cloud spend is a large market and is projected to grow at an 11% CAGR from
$113.7 millionin 2016 to $191.2 millionin 2021, according to IDC's U.S. Federal Government Cloud Forecast, 2017-2021.1
Adelaide O'Brien, Research Director, Government Digital Transformation Strategies, IDC Government Insights
"Secure interconnection and data center solutions are critical to the federal government's need for secure access to data, and the ability to design and test key capabilities such as machine learning on data—prior to deploying within the agency. That
Equinixis in compliance with FISMA High, and is undergoing FedRAMP certification, are additional benefits for agencies seeking to limit their risk management posture." Karl Strohmeyer, President, Americas, Equinix:
"The assets and expertise acquired through our transaction with
Verizonnow firmly position Equinixas a leader in providing innovative and strategic solutions for the unique needs of the Federal ecosystem, led by David Peed, Vice President of Equinix Government Solutions. This integration is a win for existing and future Federal customers who can now leverage our global platform for connectivity to the government cloud within a secure environment."
- Equinix Government Solutions
- U.S. Federal Government – Digital Edge Playbook
Equinix- Enabling an Interconnected Government Whitepaper
- Interconnection Addresses Government IT Initiatives Infographic
- Benefits of an Interconnected Government Data Sheet
- Culpeper Metro IBX Data Sheet
- Miami Metro IBX Data Sheet
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centers and developing, deploying and delivering
1 IDC U.S. Federal Government Cloud Forecast, 2017-2021,
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-enhances-government-solutions-with-integration-of-terremark-federal-group-300681844.html
Equinix Press Contact: David Fonkalsrud, +1 (650) 598-6240, email@example.com; Equinix Investor Relations Contacts: Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, firstname.lastname@example.org; Chip Newcom, +1 (650) 598-6262, email@example.com