REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Aug. 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc.(Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it is offering direct and private access to the SAP® Cloud portfolio, including SAP HANA® Enterprise Cloud and SAP Cloud Platform, in multiple markets across the globe. Dedicated, private connections are available via Equinix Cloud Exchange™ and the SAP Cloud Peering service in the Equinix Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Los Angeles, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, Toronto and Washington, D.C. International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers, with additional markets planned for later this year. Through this connectivity, enterprise customers benefit from high-performance and secure access to SAP cloud services as part of a hybrid or multi-cloud strategy.
As cloud adoption continues to rise, so does the growth of multi-cloud deployments. In fact, according to the recent IDC CloudView survey, 85% of respondents are either currently using a multi-cloud strategy or plan to do so in the near-term.* Equinix Cloud Exchange, with direct access to multiple cloud services and platforms, such as the SAP Cloud portfolio, helps enterprise customers to expedite the development of hybrid and multi-cloud solutions across multiple locations, with the goal of gaining global scale, performance and security.
Highlights / Key Facts
- SAP Cloud Peering provides direct access inside the Equinix Cloud Exchange to help customers looking to reap the benefits of the SAP Cloud portfolio, with the control and predictability of a dedicated connection. Initially, access will be available for SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud and SAP Cloud Platform, which serve as SAP's IaaS and PaaS solutions respectively. SAP and Equinix plan to make available SAP SuccessFactors®, SAP Hybris®, SAP Ariba®solutions and others in the near future.
- SAP continues to gain traction in enterprise cloud adoption, with particular strength in APAC and EMEA. According to a recent 451 Research** note, SAP's APAC cloud subscription and support revenue grew by 54 percent, while it rose by 35 percent in EMEA and by 27percent in the Americas. Access to these cloud-based services in Equinix's global footprint of data centers will help drive adoption and reach of SAP cloud offerings.
- Equinix offers the industry's broadest choice in cloud service providers, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, Oracle, Google Cloud Platform, and other leading cloud providers such as SAP. Equinix offers direct connections to many of these platforms via Equinix Cloud Exchange or Equinix Cross Connects. Equinix Cloud Exchange is an advanced interconnection solution that provides virtualized, private direct connections that bypass the Internet to provide better security and performance with a range of bandwidth options. It is currently available in 23 markets, globally.
- Christoph Boehm senior vice president and head of Cloud Delivery Services, SAP:
"SAP joined the Equinix Cloud Exchange platform to address customer requirements for enterprise hybrid architecture in an environment that lends itself to the very highest levels of performance and reliability. With SAP's traditional base of more than 300,000 software customers seeking ways to take the next step in a cloud-enabled world, SAP has established efficient capabilities to deliver on those requirements."
- Charles Meyers, president of strategy, services and innovation, Equinix:
"Equinix recognizes that enterprise cloud needs vary, and by aligning a company's business requirements to the best cloud services, they can create a more agile, flexible and scalable IT infrastructure. With more than 130 million cloud subscribers, SAP has a strong foothold in the enterprise market, and by providing these customers and more with dedicated connectivity to their SAP software environments simply, securely and cost-effectively from Equinix Cloud Exchange, we help customers connect and build a hybrid cloud solution that works for them."
Equinix, Inc. connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 44 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies.
*Source: IDC CloudView Survey, April 2017. N=6084 worldwide respondents, weighted by country, industry and company size.
**Source: 451 Research, "SAP hits Q4 and FY2016 targets as cloud subscription/support revenue jumps 31%," February 1, 2017
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
SAP, SAP HANA, SuccessFactors, Hybris, Ariba and SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries. See http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx for additional trademark information and notices. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
SAP Forward-looking Statement
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should" and "will" and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-collaborates-with-sap-to-bring-worldwide-direct-private-access-to-the-sap-cloud-portfolio-300501021.html
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Press Contacts Equinix, Sally Comollo, +1-781-366-5580, email@example.com