Equinix SmartKey Wins Security Today's 2018 New Product of the Year Award
SmartKey Honored as Year's Best New Cloud Service
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Aug. 28, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced Equinix SmartKey™ has been recognized with Security Today's 2018 New Product of the Year Award. Equinix SmartKey, a global key management and encryption Software as a Service offering that simplifies data protection across any cloud or destination, received top honors in the best new Cloud Solutions and Services category.
Hosted by Security Today, an industry-leading security publication, the 10th annual 2018 New Product of the Year award honors the outstanding product development achievements of security equipment manufacturers whose products are considered particularly noteworthy in their ability to improve security.
- Equinix SmartKey is the industry's first globally available key management and cryptography SaaS using Intel® SGX technology, which ensures confidentiality of customer information. Powered by Fortanix, the next-generation Hardware Security Management (HSM) delivered as a service features Fortanix Runtime Encryption technology to ensure the privacy of keys.
- Offered on cloud-neutral Platform Equinix®, SmartKey simplifies data protection across any cloud architecture. SmartKey provides key storage, encryption and tokenization; addresses performance and GRC requirements at the digital edge close to clouds, carriers and counterparties; and restricts key access to authorized users.
- The SmartKey service leverages the Equinix globally interconnected platform of 200 International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers in 52 markets to securely host encryption keys separate from, but in close proximity to, the data located across networks and hybrid multicloud environment.
- Earlier this year, SmartKey also won the Light Reading Leading Lights Award for "The Most Innovative Security Strategy."
Lance Weaver, Vice President, Emerging Services, Equinix
"We are very excited Equinix SmartKey has been honored by Security Today as one of the year's best new cloud security solutions, as this is testimony to our commitment toward helping our customers thrive in a hybrid multicloud world. As enterprises continue to advance their hybrid or multicloud strategies, secure management of data and encryption keys can be challenging. We at Equinix approached this from our neutral vantage point as the trusted advisor to the cloud. By separating data and encryption keys in hybrid and multicloud environments, SmartKey can help enterprises protect sensitive data in any cloud."
Ralph C. Jensen, Editor-in-Chief and Content Director, Security Today
"This is the 10th year that we have sponsored the New Product of the Year contest, and each year I am amazed at not only the quality of the products but the intuitive nature behind the development of the products. There is real genius behind the products that have entered, and I'm pleased that we can help bring this new technology to the forefront of the security industry."
- Security Today's New Product of the Year Winners [Security Today's Award winner list]
- Learn more about the Equinix SmartKey solution [website]
- Equinix Enhances Its Global Platform with New Cloud Security Service to Manage Encryption Keys [press release]
- SmartKey Delivers Secure, Scalable Encryption Key Management [blog]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most-interconnected data centers. In 52 markets worldwide, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. www.equinix.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see recent Equinix quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-smartkey-wins-security-todays-2018-new-product-of-the-year-award-300703059.html
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Released August 28, 2018