Equinix Promotes Tara Risser to President, Americas
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., April 19, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the world's digital infrastructure company™, today announced the appointment of Tara Risser, a seven-year Equinix veteran, to the position of President, Americas. In this role, Risser will be responsible for the regional management, strategy and growth plan for Equinix in the Americas region, including existing operations in Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Mexico and the U.S.
- Risser succeeds Jon Lin, who served as President, Americas since 2019 and was appointed EVP & GM, Data Center Services earlier this year, managing the Equinix Data Center Services portfolio and its market-leading interconnected colocation franchise.
- Risser has held various roles since joining Equinix in 2015, most recently as Senior Vice President, Global Customer Care and Experience. In this role, she broadened the organization from reactive support to proactive customer engagement to better meet customers' accelerating digital transformation requirements. This included optimizing success and support teams and spearheading system enhancements across the entire customer journey to ensure customers are able to more easily and effectively leverage Equinix's digital infrastructure services. As a result, customer satisfaction, as measured by NPS, has increased progressively, reaching an all-time annual high in 2021.
- Before being promoted to lead the Global Customer Care and Experience organization, Risser served in multiple leadership roles within the Customer Care organization, including Vice President, Global Customer Success Management; Vice President, Americas Customer Success Management; and Senior Director, Customer Success Management. During this time, Equinix experienced unprecedented growth and expansion, driving Risser's decision to globalize the organization to be more responsive to customer needs and provide a more seamless customer experience.
- Prior to Equinix, Risser served in a variety of roles over her 14 years at Level 3 Communications, including leadership positions in Sales Effectiveness, Integration, Sales Engineering and Customer Care. Her tenure included managing several complex acquisition integrations, increasing the productivity of the sales organization and implementing an improved quote-to-cash environment that captured revenue more quickly.
- As a champion of diversity and inclusion, Risser is deeply engaged in efforts both within Equinix and externally, including serving as a board member for Shadhika, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to gender equality in India.
Karl Strohmeyer, Chief Customer and Revenue Officer, Equinix
"Tara is a proven leader who is committed to advancing our legacy of exceptional service and keeping our customers at the heart of everything we do. Her deep understanding of the customer journey to digital transformation positions her well to lead our Americas region, which has grown significantly in the past two years. I am confident that Tara's growth mindset and strategic vision will enable Equinix to build on our tremendous success in our largest global region."
Tara Risser, President, Americas
"I look forward to working with our exceptional Americas team as we continue to strengthen our market-leading position as the world's digital infrastructure company. It is an important time as customers seek to benefit from the Equinix value proposition in the most efficient ways for their needs—through both physical data center colocation and interconnection, as well as new virtual and digital services. I am excited to be in this regional leadership position during this important time for our customers as Equinix continues to advance its critical role—including significant expansions in Canada, Mexico, and soon to include Chile—in the digital infrastructure of today's businesses."
Equinix (Nasdaq: EQIX) is the world's digital infrastructure company, enabling digital leaders to harness a trusted platform to bring together and interconnect the foundational infrastructure that powers their success. Equinix enables today's businesses to access all the right places, partners and possibilities they need to accelerate advantage. With Equinix, they can scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences and multiply their value.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX® data centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix products and solutions, unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenues from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; a failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; risks related to our taxation as a REIT; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see recent Equinix quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-promotes-tara-risser-to-president-americas-301527594.html
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Released April 19, 2022