The Canadian Securities Exchange Launches Matching Engine and Suite of New Products in Equinix's Toronto Campus
Capitalizes on established financial services ecosystem at new state-of-the-art data center
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. and TORONTO, Sept. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE) and Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that the CSE has selected Equinix as its primary data center provider. The CSE will be offering its new matching engine, data feed services, risk management, compliance, smart router and order protection services at TR2, Equinix's recently opened Toronto International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center, as well as Equinix's existing TR1 facility.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Strategically located in downtown Toronto, Equinix's Toronto data center campus offers the CSE the opportunity to directly connect to the Canadian trading community. TR2 is a state-of-the-art data center that is part of the Equinix Toronto campus. It is approximately 2.5 Km west of TR1 and can be accessed via an Equinix IBX cross-connect from both TR1 and TR2.
- The CSE is home to more than 300 uniquely listed issuer companies, and also offers continuous auction market serivces for equities listed on other Canadian exchanges. As part of its technology transformation, the CSE will migrate its primary matching engine to Equinix TR1 IBX in Q4 2016. It is expected that the Equinix TR2 IBX facility will become the primary data center for the CSE in Q2 2017.
- Equinix is home to the largest collection of trading platforms, top market data vendors, a myriad of service providers, and hundreds of buy-side and sell-side firms. Together, Equinix customers form a broad-based electronic marketplace of financial technology services that give customers the ability to connect – and adapt – like never before. The expansion by the CSE further enhances Equinix's global electronic trading ecosystem, providing the interconnection options that companies need to meet business demands.
- Located at the Equinix campus in downtown Toronto, Canada, TR2 serves the financial, cloud, telecom and corporate enterprise communities. The new facility offers premium colocation services and is designed to meet enterprises' need for larger footprints and data-intensive applications deployed closer to the edge.
- Richard Carleton, CEO of the Canadian Securities Exchange said:
"We are delighted to be joining with leading members of the Canadian trading community and their supporting infrastructure providers at the Equinix campus in Toronto. Locating our new suite of trading services at Equinix will enable the CSE to accelerate the timetable for delivering the benefits to all of our partners."
- John Knuff, vice president, Equinix:
"We continue to see strong momentum with the global Equities market, as these businesses are realizing how a global data center platform can accelerate their business performance. The CSE is a locally recognized brand and adds to the strength of our financial services offering."
- Equinix Expands in Toronto to Serve Growing Demand for Interconnection [Press release]
- Equinix Sees Uptick in Globally Deployed Financial Services Customers Spanning Multiple Asset Classes [press release]
- Equinix Sees Continued Interest in Secaucus Data Centers [blog]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 40 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. www.equinix.com.
About the Canadian Securities Exchange:
The Canadian Securities Exchange is home to more than 300 uniquely listed issues covering a broad range of industry sectors. The exchange provides trade execution, smart routing, risk management, compliance and market information services for Canadian listed instruments. Recognized as an exchange by the Ontario Securities Commission in 2004, the CSE is designed to facilitate the capital formation process for public companies through a streamlined approach to company regulation that emphasizes disclosure and the provision of efficient secondary market trading services for investors. For more information, please visit www.thecse.com and our blog at http://blog.thecse.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-canadian-securities-exchange-launches-matching-engine-and-suite-of-new-products-in-equinixs-toronto-campus-300336314.html
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Released September 29, 2016