Equinix Launches Global Channel Partner Program to Accelerate Enterprise IT Transformation
Program designed to enable MSPs, NSPs, system integrators and solution providers to drive next-generation cloud, network and IT strategies in the enterprise
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced the launch of its global Channel Partner Program, designed for managed service providers (MSPs), network service providers (NSPs), system integrators (SIs) and solution providers (SPs) to help design and deploy the right IT and cloud solutions for enterprise customers. A global program spanning the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific, the Equinix Channel Partner Program allows partners to both resell and refer Equinix services, and is intended to help enterprise customers obtain the comprehensive IT services and expertise they need – from the channel community they're accustomed to working with.
As the enterprise workforce becomes increasingly dispersed, and companies are faced with the rise of new computing paradigms, such as mobile computing, cloud and big data, enterprises need partners who can help them decide which IT and cloud services to use and how to deploy them quickly. Equinix's strategic partnerships with leading cloud service providers, including AWS, Cisco, Google Cloud Platform, IBM SoftLayer, Microsoft Azure and NetApp, enable the Equinix partner community to help enterprises truly leverage the power of the cloud to support all their mission critical applications. Equinix channel partners will also leverage Equinix's global footprint, advanced interconnection solutions, and vast ecosystems to meet customers' IT performance, reliability and cost requirements, while unlocking new revenue streams in an expanding global market. Through the program, enterprise customers will be able to strike a balance between public clouds, private clouds and traditional IT environments – all architected, deployed and fully managed by trusted Equinix channel partners.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Through the newly launched Channel Partner Program, Equinix is making it possible for reputable technology partners to expand their margin and grow new revenue streams by adding next-generation IT solutions to their existing product offerings.
- The Equinix Channel Partner Program offers several ways for partners to engage with Equinix and our enterprise customers – as a reseller, referral agent or cloud technology platform partner.
- Equinix channel partners will help enterprises advance their hybrid cloud strategies via Equinix Cloud Exchange™ – an interconnection solution offering direct access to multiple clouds and multiple networks from a single port.
- Equinix channel partners can also create new recurring revenue streams by implementing the Equinix Performance Hub, a solution that distributes a company's data center infrastructure across multiple locations, accelerating application delivery to employees, customers and partners worldwide.
- Equinix has made significant investments to ensure the success of its channel, including the appointment of industry veteran, Christopher Rajiah, vice president of worldwide partner and alliances, to run the program.
- Nearly one hundred companies – enterprises, networks and cloud service providers – have joined Equinix Cloud Exchange. Equinix channel partners will gain access to this valuable cloud and network ecosystem for their customers, while adding value through system and network design, deployment, and management.
- Along with the top cloud platform providers, other service providers that have recently joined the Equinix Channel Partner Program include Carpathia, Datalink, Datapipe, Dimension Data and Unitas Global, among others.
- With more than 500 cloud solution providers and 1,000 networks, Equinix is home of the interconnected enterprise cloud.
John Landy, chief technology officer, Datapipe:
"We've worked with Equinix to deliver global multi-platform hybrid IT solutions for the enterprise with direct connections to multiple public, private, and hybrid clouds. The formalization of the Equinix channel program further enhances our ability to deliver operational excellence to our enterprise customers as they look for ways to future-proof their IT."
Dave Stinson, vice president of sales, Carpathia:
"For more than ten years, Equinix has been a key partner in delivering hybrid cloud services and managed hosting solutions that leverage the secure infrastructure companies are looking for in today's complex environment. Their interconnected data centers and global reach is a significant component of our highly customized approach, empowering customers to meet their unique cost, security and compliance requirements through flexible, hybrid cloud solutions that combine the best of public cloud resources with private infrastructure. With an expanding base of hundreds of combined customers, Carpathia is pleased to be able to support the IT transformation and hybrid cloud journey through our partnership with a global leader like Equinix."
Ian Kieninger, CEO, Avant Communications, Inc.:
"Equinix is the market leader in global colocation and a must have in our portfolio. With over 100 Data Centers worldwide our partners can offer their customers one stop shopping for their needs in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Equinix's ecosystem of cloud and network providers enables the creation of advanced hybrid cloud solutions which adds to their strategic value. We're extremely excited about the opportunity to partner with Equinix".
Pete Hayes, chief sales officer, Equinix:
"We are empowering our channel partners to capitalize on the significant business opportunity to support their customers' cloud transformation needs, and not only increase their 'trusted advisor' status but also make it easier for them to extend their services and increase wallet share by offering new services. This program represents one of the top strategic initiatives for Equinix, and we have made significant investments to ensure our partners are set up for success, including increasing our internal resources six-fold over the past year."
- Channel Program Connects our Trusted Partners to Enterprise Opportunity [blog post]
- More about Equinix Channel Partner Program [website]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 33 markets worldwide, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. http://www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-launches-global-channel-partner-program-to-accelerate-enterprise-it-transformation-300051478.html
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Released March 17, 2015