Equinix and Datapipe Collaborate to Deliver Hybrid IT Solutions for Enterprises
Datapipe will offer hybrid IT solutions including managed AWS within Equinix data centers
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. and JERSEY CITY, N.J., Nov. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc., the global interconnection and data center company, together with Datapipe, the global leader in managed hybrid IT solutions for the enterprise, today announced a collaboration to provide managed Hybrid IT Solutions for Amazon Web Services (AWS). The solution leverages Equinix's global footprint of more than 100 International Business Exchange (IBX®) data centers and combines Equinix's Cloud Exchange™ interconnection solution with Datapipe's managed services and the AWS platform. The integrated solution gives enterprise customers unprecedented security, choice and control for how they architect, build, migrate and manage enterprise applications and workloads in the AWS cloud.
Studies show that enterprise customers are turning to hybrid clouds to maximize performance of business-critical applications, but are continually faced with challenges related to reliability, performance and security. In fact, in a recent survey of more than 650 global enterprise IT leaders, security, reliability and performance were listed as the top three drivers for a direct connection to the cloud. By deploying hybrid IT inside an Equinix data center, organizations are able to strike the right balance between the AWS public cloud, private clouds and traditional IT environments, all of which are architected, deployed and fully managed by Datapipe.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Equinix and Datapipe customers deploying hybrid IT solutions are able to achieve the benefits of agile and elastic cloud environments while not having to compromise on the security and control offered by traditional IT environments. These multi-platform solutions are delivered through a global footprint of datacenter choices combined with Datapipe's deep expertise in architecting, deploying and managing the unique demands of managing highly available enterprise-class applications.
- The joint solution provides improved security and performance, better control, and higher throughput versus connecting to AWS via the public Internet. It provides direct bandwidth for access to AWS services and the seamless integration with dedicated IT environments, such as complex databases, to support highly available, data-intensive applications. The result is improved user Quality of Experience (QoE) and more effective migration to and adoption of the AWS cloud.
- A recent survey of more than 650 global enterprise IT leaders conducted by Dimensional Research and sponsored by Equinix showed that 91 percent of global businesses planned to deploy public cloud services in the next 12 months, and 85 percent of respondents indicated that they see strong value in having direct connections to those providers. Security, reliability and performance were listed as the top three drivers for a direct connection, with 77 percent placing strong value on having a single source for colocation and interconnection.
Key use cases for the Datapipe and Equinix Hybrid IT Solution for AWS include:
- Compliant solutions – With hybrid IT, sensitive data is protected in a Datapipe-managed private cloud or physical environment within an Equinix data center, while public cloud compute resources can be accessed, as needed, via the AWS cloud.
- Complex database environments – Datapipe offers integrated managed solutions for end-to-end hybrid infrastructures encompassing AWS environments and Direct Connect, highly available database components housed in an Equinix data center, and the security and governance controls around the entire environment.
- Cloud disaster recovery – A hybrid IT model allows organizations to maintain mission-critical applications in a secure Datapipe-managed private cloud or physical environment within an Equinix data center while using the AWS cloud for disaster recovery services.
Chris Sharp, vice president, cloud innovation, Equinix:
"Our collaboration with Datapipe on a managed hybrid cloud solution for AWS removes many of the common barriers to cloud adoption. It offers customers the best of both worlds by providing Equinix's secure data center platform, including private access to AWS, along with Datapipe's expertise in designing and managing an optimal IT architecture for enterprises."
John Landy, CTO, Datapipe:
"Datapipe partners with our clients to future proof their IT, to enable innovation and growth. This joint solution with Equinix allows us to plan, build and run secure, high performance hybrid IT solutions leveraging the AWS platform and delivering from the Equinix global data center network."
- Global Study Finds Enterprises Planning Widespread Deployment of Multi-Cloud IT Architectures [press release]
- Equinix and Datapipe Hybrid IT Solution for AWS [datasheet]
Datapipe and Equinix will be exhibiting at the AWS re:Invent conference being held in Las Vegas, Nevada, November 11-14, 2014, booths #1000 and #406, respectively.
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. http://www.equinix.com/.
Datapipe is the only global managed service provider to future proof IT for the enterprise. We do this by architecting, deploying and managing multi-platform hybrid IT solutions, including public, private and hybrid clouds integrated with traditional IT environments. Datapipe automates IT to support the continuous development and delivery of secure, highly available enterprise class applications. We deliver operational excellence through proven ITIL processes delivered by a global network of experienced professionals and next generation data centers in New York Metro, Ashburn VA, Silicon Valley, Chicago, Seattle, Denver, Kansas City, Dallas, Iceland, London, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Logo - https://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140102/MM39832LOGO
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Released November 11, 2014