NextiraOne Launches Private Cloud Solution With Equinix
Cloud solution to be launched in Equinix’s LD5 data center and replicated across new markets through Equinix’s EMEA presence
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. & LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Equinix, Inc. (NASDAQ: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced NextiraOne has selected Equinix’s LD5 International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) as the primary data center to support the roll-out of its new modular private cloud infrastructure portfolio.
Highlights / Key Facts
- NextiraOne’s latest cloud offering ― FlexSuite ― uses FlexPod, a private cloud infrastructure designed to enhance hardware utilization from 15 to 85 percent, allowing superior high-speed scalability. The cloud solution is designed for unified enterprise and cloud software applications, as well as internal and external IT-based services.
- NextiraOne is extending its partnership with Equinix because of the network-rich environment and dense ecosystem of enterprise and cloud providers it will have access to in LD5.
- With NextiraOne’s presence, Equinix customers can benefit from access to improved hardware utilization and provide scalable cloud services. NextiraOne also aims to replicate the data center partner model across new markets, meaning Equinix’s EMEA customers can also gain access to this new cloud model and its many benefits.
- According to IDC, IT organizations are viewing converged systems as a method to simplify management and increase time to value. FlexSuite addresses this market demand by enabling power consumption, capacity and usage, to be flexed up or down according to business requirements. Furthermore, the modular cloud service brings network, computer and storage functions together in a single cabinet, improving efficiency.
- Equinix’s ecosystems include more than 800 financial services businesses, over 450 content and digital media businesses and more than 950 cloud service providers, as well as a wide range of enterprises and over 900 network service providers.
Davies, head of business development, Data Centers,
“The past twelve months have seen a significant increase in the number of businesses consolidating IT legacy systems, which have proven costly to update and slowed commercial growth. By locating in Equinix, we will not only be able to deliver our services to customers but also have direct access to a prospective client base of cloud driven customers and partners through Equinix Marketplace portal.
Poole, managing director, Equinix UK, said:
“As businesses look to consolidate and simplify IT systems, more and more will turn to the cloud a as a cost-effective way to do this. NextiraOne provides businesses with the knowledge and expertise to ensure that they not only implement the right cloud strategy, but also help them to navigate the common pitfalls associated with a poor implementation that can result in spiraling costs.”
NextiraOne is a European multinational company that designs, installs, maintains and supports business solutions and communications services for over 60,000 private and Public Sector customers. Using its expertise in leading-edge communications, including data centres, contact centres, unified communications, secure network infrastructures and managed services, NextiraOne helps its customers to transform their organisations, making the complex simple.
Headquartered in Paris, NextiraOne has a direct sales and service presence in 16 countries with more than 4,300 employees across Europe and the USA, including 2,500 qualified service experts, and an annual revenue totaling around one billion euros in 2010. http://www.nextiraone.eu/uk
Equinix, Inc. (NASDAQ: EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
Equinix Media Contacts:
Melissa Neumann, +1 650-598-6098
GolinHarris for Equinix
Liam Rose, +1 415-318-4380
Equinix Media Contact (Europe/U.K.)
Pari Faramarzi, +44 (0)20 8846 0710
Source: Equinix, Inc.
Released May 29, 2013