Equinix Named ‘Best Data Center Offering’ by Capacity Media
Equinix recognized by global telecommunication outlet for outstanding service offerings
AMSTERDAM--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced it has been awarded Capacity Media’s prestigious 2012 ‘Best Data Center Offering’ award for its contributions to the use, development and deployment of carrier services in the last year through its International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers. Equinix was presented the award earlier this week at Capacity Europe, the world’s largest European carrier conference.
Highlights / Key Facts
- The Capacity service offering awards recognize outstanding service offerings that present innovative business models, successful partnership strategy, excellent customer service and unique vision in the development and use of technology to benefit the wholesale carrier market.
- Although many companies are struggling to meet growing demand in the economic downturn, Equinix has provided the opportunity for businesses to grow through the Equinix Marketplace. This new offering allows companies to connect and promote services to other Equinix customers in Equinix IBX data centers, while leveraging more than 100,000 cross connects to do business globally. Customers and visitors can browse the Equinix Marketplace portal to discover interconnection opportunities with a dense pool of global carriers, as well as utilize search gateways that present results by product, service or location.
- Alex Hawkes, deputy editor, Capacity Media:
“This award pays tribute to Equinix’s truly global presence in the carrier-neutral data centre market. The judging panel were highly impressed by the company’s M&A activity during 2012, including the eye catching takeover of ancotel, as well as the huge market insight it is able to offer its carrier customers. I would like to congratulate Equinix for winning the Capacity award for best data centre provider.”
- Dick Theunissen, chief marketing officer, EMEA for Equinix:
“Equinix is honored to be named this year’s ‘Best Data Center Offering’ by Capacity magazine, However I would like to draw attention to the role of our customers in all this. It is by virtue of their industry success that we are able to evolve Platform Equinix and support their continued growth by supplying exchange services that connect them to critical enablement partners. Collaboration allows us to introduce efficiencies that help scale operations and launch innovative service delivery models from our platform. This is their award as much as it is ours.”
- Request a meeting with Equinix at Gartner Data Center Conference in Las Vegas, NV on December 3-6, 2012
- Download the free Data Center as a Revenue Center whitepaper
Equinix, data center, IBX, colocation, Capacity Media
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 30 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
Equinix Media Contacts
Melissa Neumann, +1 650-598-6098
GolinHarris for Equinix, Inc.
Liam Rose, +1 415-318-4380
Equinix Media Contact (Europe/U.K.)
Camille Pomey, +44 (0)20 8846 0789
Source: Equinix, Inc.
Released November 15, 2012