Equinix Announces Two New Appointments to Board of Directors
Company appoints Fidelma Russo, Hewlett Packard Enterprise CTO and Jeetu Patel, Cisco EVP and GM of Security and Collaboration
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., June 13, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the world's digital infrastructure company™, today announced the appointments of Fidelma Russo and Jeetu Patel to the Equinix Board of Directors. Russo will also serve as a member of the Board's Audit Committee, and Patel will be joining the Nominating and Governance Committee. Effective June 9, 2022, their appointments bring the number of directors on the Equinix Board to 11.
As Chief Technology Officer at Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Russo leads the innovation agenda and technology roadmap, managing the design and development of the portfolio to deliver GreenLake edge-to-cloud customer experiences to the market. She is passionate about working with customers to help them reimagine their information technology needs and deliver a simple, consumable solution that helps them drive business results.
Patel serves as Cisco's Executive Vice President and General Manager of Security and Collaboration. In addition to leading the strategy and development for these businesses, he also owns P&L responsibility for this multibillion-dollar portfolio. Jeetu combines a bold vision, steeped in product design and development expertise, operational rigor and innate market understanding to create high-growth Software as a Service (SaaS) businesses.
- Fidelma Russo was named Chief Technology Officer at Hewlett Packard Enterprise in September 2021. She has more than 30 years of technology leadership spanning cloud services, machine learning and analytics, global IT business services, servers, storage, networking, backup and infrastructure.
- Prior to joining HPE, Russo served as Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Cloud Services business unit at VMware. She has also held several notable senior leadership positions at Iron Mountain, Inc., EMC Corp., Hewlett-Packard Co. and Sun Microsystems, Inc., and served on the Supervisory board of Wolters Kluwer B.V.
- Russo holds a Bachelor of Engineering degree in electrical engineering from University College Cork, a Master's in Computer Science from Boston University, and completed the Internet of Things Executive Education program at MIT's Sloan School of Management. She currently serves as a director of SBA Communications and sits on the Audit Committee and the Nominating and Governance committee.
- A member of the Executive Leadership Team, Jeetu Patel is helping to redefine Cisco's SaaS business and strategy to further accelerate the company's transformation and growth. There he is working to build world class, subscription-based products that solve Cisco customers' biggest problems.
- Prior to joining Cisco, Patel was the Chief Product Officer and Chief Strategy Officer at Box, a role he pioneered. Earlier in his career, Patel served as General Manager and Chief Executive of EMC's newly acquired Syncplicity business unit. Other key roles at EMC included CMO for the Information Intelligence Group and Chief Strategy Officer, where he drove the organic and inorganic strategy for the division's cloud and mobile growth. Previously, Patel was President of Doculabs, a research and advisory firm co-owned by Forrester Research.
- Jeetu holds a Bachelor of Science in Information Decision Sciences from the University of Illinois, Chicago, and currently serves on the board of JLL, an American commercial real estate services company.
- Peter Van Camp, Executive Chairman, Equinix
"We are thrilled to add two accomplished and seasoned business leaders from world-class companies to the Equinix board. We believe Fidelma's and Jeetu's careers and vital operating roles provide the relevant experience and deep understanding to be a tremendous benefit as we continue to create long-term distinctive value for Platform Equinix. I look forward to working with them as we support our customers on their digital transformation journeys."
Equinix (Nasdaq: EQIX) is the world's digital infrastructure company, enabling digital leaders to harness a trusted platform to bring together and interconnect the foundational infrastructure that powers their success. Equinix enables today's businesses to access all the right places, partners and possibilities they need to accelerate advantage. With Equinix, they can scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences and multiply their value.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, risks to our business and operating results related to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic; the current inflationary environment; increased costs to procure power and the general volatility in the global energy market; the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX and xScale data centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix products and solutions; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenues from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; risks related to our taxation as a REIT and other risks described from time to time in Equinix filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see recent and upcoming Equinix quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-announces-two-new-appointments-to-board-of-directors-301566115.html
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Released June 13, 2022