Global IT strategies are increasingly moving toward hybrid multicloud solutions as businesses leverage the flexibility and scalability these architectures offer.
The combination of Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric® (ECX Fabric®) and Google Cloud Interconnect services provides more agile and scalable hybrid multicloud services to further support digital transformation and enterprise growth; while the integration of Equinix SmartKey® and Google Cloud External Key Manager (EKM) provides customers with secure key storage, encryption and tokenization services to address performance and risk. This also supports governance and compliance requirements at the digital edge, close to clouds and carriers.
As an additional support to businesses looking to simplify hybrid multicloud infrastructures,
Equinixcurrently houses more than 35% of Google Cloud on-ramps (in over 35 metros) through dedicated enterprise-leveraged or partner GCI services.
- Direct and secure connectivity is key to deploying and managing hybrid multicloud infrastructure to ensure peak performance and data security. According to
Equinix's2019-20 Global Tech Trends Survey, 51% of the IT decision-makers surveyed are deploying hybrid multicloud models. An estimated 44% of their IT infrastructure is currently on the cloud, and 71% of respondents globally plan to move more functions—such as productivity tools, databases and business-critical applications—onto the cloud.
- ECX Fabric enables streamlined access to the world's largest cloud providers, allowing enterprises, network and cloud service providers to directly, securely and dynamically connect distributed infrastructure and digital ecosystems globally. By connecting local services and distributed infrastructure via ECX Fabric, businesses can resolve application performance and digital transformation challenges.
Equinixprovides direct connections to Google Cloud via GCI and ECX Fabric—increasing agility for enterprises in changing market conditions, thereby maximizing new opportunities.
- With a global footprint of more than 210 International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers, Platform Equinix® houses a large share of the world's public cloud on-ramps and drives some of the most physically and virtually interconnected ecosystems in the world.
- Enterprises can colocate equipment for hybrid multicloud workloads on Platform Equinix with low latency to the nearest Google Cloud regions.
Royce Thomas, Senior Vice President, Global Account Management, Equinix:
Equinix'sPremier Partner certification underlines our long-standing partnership with Google Cloud and the key role we are now playing at the center of the cloud-first world. By providing real-time, flexible and scalable connectivity to Google Cloud for customers, partners and suppliers, we are providing critical solutions for digital enterprises looking to harness the power of the cloud. This is a key priority for us, which is why we recently appointed industry veteran CB Velayuthan as our new Global Managing Director of Strategic Alliances, leading our business with Google."
Eugene Bergen Henegouwen, President, EMEA, Equinix:
"Digital business across the EMEA region and around the world is evolving at a rapid rate. Cloud computing isn't a differentiator anymore, it's a business-critical asset. In our most recent
Global Tech Trends Survey, the majority of IT decision-makers surveyed in EMEA claimed they would be migrating more functionality to the cloud within the next year. Equinix'sGoogle Cloud Premier Partner status enables them to do this more seamlessly. Given the global challenges we face in the wake of COVID-19, this is now more important than ever."
Equinixand Google Network Automation for Hybrid Multicloud [blog]
- Equinix Launches Large Expansion of Interconnection Services in EMEA to Help Enterprises Simplify Hybrid Multicloud Connectivity [press release]
Equinixand Google Cloud Make Application Migration Easy [blog]
- Learn more about Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric™ [website]
- Learn more about
Equinix'spartnership with Google Cloud [website]
- Multicloud and Edge Top IT Leaders' Priority Lists [press release]
- Try Google Cloud and
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX® data centers and developing, deploying and delivering
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-becomes-a-google-cloud-premier-partner-301107283.html
Equinix Media Contact (Global), David Fonkalsrud, +1 (650) 598-6240, email@example.com ; Equinix Investor Relations, Katrina Rymill, +1 650-598-6583,firstname.lastname@example.org ; Chip Newcom, +1 650-598-6262, email@example.com