Equinix Enters Africa, Closing the US$320 Million Acquisition of MainOne
Acquisition signals the first step in
The completion of this acquisition augments
This acquisition will extend Platform Equinix® into
- MainOne's assets include:
- Four operational data centers, which will add more than 64,000 gross square feet of space to Platform Equinix, in addition to 570,000 square feet of land for future expansions.
- An extensive submarine network extending 7,000 kilometers from
Portugalto Lagos, Accraand along the West African coast, with landing stations in Nigeria, Ghanaand Côte d'Ivoire.
- A terrestrial network of more than 1,200 kilometers of reliable terrestrial fiber in
Lagos, Edo and Ogun States. Connectivity to terrestrial sites extends across 65 points of presence (PoPs) in cities across Portugal, Nigeria, Ghanaand Cote d'Ivoire.
- Access to key internet exchanges enabling low latency to key global networks, including Amazon, Microsoft, Apple, Google and Facebook.
- An estimated 800+ business-to-business customers, including major international technology enterprises, social media companies, global telecommunications operators, financial service companies and cloud service providers.
- Nearly 500 employees and a management team with a deep understanding of local and international markets.
- The facilities currently generate approximately
US$60Mannualized (Q2'21LQA) revenue with a purchase multiple of approximately 14x EBITDA.
- MainOne will operate under a new brand "MainOne, an
Equinixcompany" Funke Opekewill continue to lead under the new brand of "MainOne, an Equinixcompany."
- Globally, Platform Equinix is comprised of 240 data centers across 66 metros and 27 countries on 6 continents, providing data center and interconnection services to 10,000+ companies including more than 50% of Fortune 500 companies.
Closure of the MainOne acquisition marks the latest in a series of strategic acquisitions for the world's digital infrastructure company. Following the announcement of intent to acquire MainOne in
Equinixto Expand into Chileand Peruwith US$705 MillionAcquisition of 4 Entel Data Centers
- Equinix Expands to
Indiawith Acquisition of GPX India
- Equinix Completes
US$780 MillionAcquisition of 13 Bell Data Centers in Canada
- Equinix Completes Acquisition of Two Data Centers in
- Equinix Fabric™ [website]
Equinix[website] Equinix2020-21 Global Tech Trends Survey[e-book]
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements, including statements related to the acquisition of MainOne and the expected benefits from the acquisition. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, risks to our business and operating results related to the COVID-19 pandemic, unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of data centers or companies we have acquired or will acquire into
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-enters-africa-closing-the-us320-million-acquisition-of-mainone-301517308.html
Equinix Media Relations - email@example.com; Equinix Investor Relations - firstname.lastname@example.org; MainOne Media Relations - email@example.com